Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 problems without the paid subscription. I've had it both ways!

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had Arlo pro with subscription for years. Now, Arlo pro 3 and free subscription ran out and now I've got problems. Not supposed to be necessary!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elkinde wrote:

Restarted everything and the base shows a solid blue light. Should be good! Nope. Arlo app shows everything is off line.

Did you try the full factory reset?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Elkinde wrote:

Had Arlo pro with subscription for years. Now, Arlo pro 3 and free subscription ran out and now I've got problems. Not supposed to be necessary!

What problems are you having? You will lose some options like cloud recording without a sub. 

What options will I have when my Arlo trial ends?

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMS4240P-100NAS. Hub has to constantly be rebooted, "unrecognized format" message on local recording when trying to view, poor night pictures when I can view them(badly pixelated).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elkinde wrote:

Hub has to constantly be rebooted, "unrecognized format" message on local recording when trying to view, poor night pictures when I can view them(badly pixelated).

All this suggests a connection issue between the camera and the base.

Are you having any issues with live streaming?

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have not had any streaming issues from my phone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try testing the USB drive?  Or use a different one if you have one handy.

You could also try directly accessing the drive on a PC, and see if you see the same problems as you get when using direct access to local storage.

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used 3 different USBs already. Unplugged everything a week ago and took it in to Best Buy and they told me all I could do is contact you. "Not Happy". Will plug everything back in this weekend and give it another try.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elkinde wrote:

they told me all I could do is contact you. 

Not me - this is a user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Restarted everything and the base shows a solid blue light. Should be good! Nope. Arlo app shows everything is off line.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elkinde wrote:

Did you try the full factory reset?  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we're up and running again. Thanks! Can I get back to you if I run into these problems again?

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now some videos are viewable and others(majority) are "unrecognizable format".

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Elkinde,

Is this happening on both the web client on your computer and/or the Arlo app on your phone device? Could you show a screenshot where it's showing "unrecognizable format"?

Elkinde
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my phone, all I can view is live streaming. On my computer I was opening up the downloaded pictures with Windows Movies and TV, but now they are "unrecognizable".

Capture.JPG
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Elkinde wrote:

On my phone, all I can view is live streaming. On my computer I was opening up the downloaded pictures with Windows Movies and TV, but now they are "unrecognizable".

Try using VLC and see if that works.  https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation