Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 not recording to library following subscription

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Bassmanrocks
Aspirant
Aspirant
We installed the Arlo pro 3 cameras and enjoyed the free months of video recordings in the library which has now ended. We've set up a subscription which seems to allow us to pay monthly and not annually. Unfortunately we can no longer see the video footage in the library. What are we doing wrong? Someone suggested updating the firmware on the Arlo hub. How do we do that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bassmanrocks wrote:
We installed the Arlo pro 3 cameras and enjoyed the free months of video recordings in the library which has now ended. We've set up a subscription which seems to allow us to pay monthly and not annually. Unfortunately we can no longer see the video footage in the library. 

First check that the cameras are in the subscription.  You can do that in https://my.arlo.com - in settings->subscriptions you should see "manage cameras", and that will give you the list of cameras in the subscription plan.

If the cameras are all in the plan, then try making a manual recording for each camera, and make sure that works.

Note that when you look in the library, there can be a filter set that filters out some recordings.  So make sure that is cleared.

Bassmanrocks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen, thanks for your reply. All camera are in the subscription plan, all filters are off and we can get a current view from every camera but no recordings. How do you do a manual recording? We've also checked the software on the hub is up to date so it's not that. Thanks for your help Douglas
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bassmanrocks wrote:
Hi Stephen, thanks for your reply. All camera are in the subscription plan, all filters are off and we can get a current view from every camera but no recordings. How do you do a manual recording? 

When you are live streaming, there is a control to record (a circle with a dot in the center).

Bassmanrocks
Aspirant
Aspirant
We don't have the circle with the red dot but we do have a red dot to the left of the 2k live text on the top left of each camera screen but only after I hit the play button. Very strange thing happened when I was out of the house, I tapped one of the camera screens and instead of three icons showing on the bottom of the screen (speaker, mic and torch) there were four...a camera. I pressed the camera on the screen and subsequent found the photo I'd taken in the library. The photo icon is no longer showing but the photo remains in the library. We've switches off the Arlo base station to reset everything but it's still not recording. Thanks
dcfox1
Master
Master

This photo is the record button on the Web Portal but should look like the app. It is only red in the center after activating it. Do you have this or the others as there are more then 4 icons if I understand you right? The camera icon is a snapshot, not a manual recording as StephenB asked. 

222bugs
Aspirant
Aspirant

we are having the same issue. Been paying for nothing so we are canceling the subscription

killer007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same error - this is Arlo is a joke.....

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

There appears to be a new update on 7/20  ver 3.5.1-28380 and that seems to be the problem

cress
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same issue with our system. Cameras not recording when motion sensor activated. I have tried recording manually and that seems to work, I can find the video in the library. I have just renewed my subscription, everything should work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cress wrote:

We have the same issue with our system. Cameras not recording when motion sensor activated. I have tried recording manually and that seems to work, I can find the video in the library. I have just renewed my subscription, everything should work. 

Have you tried the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device

Also, have you checked the camera rule in the mode you are using?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation