Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Pro 3 cameras. 4 will record to the cloud in 2K but one won't.  It does record and upload the video but it does not show the 2K emblem in the bottom left. I have the video quality set to best video.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before I had a chance to try resetting it, it started recording in 2K and has been working fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Htrebor wrote:

I have 5 Pro 3 cameras. 4 will record to the cloud in 2K but one won't.  It does record and upload the video but it does not show the 2K emblem in the bottom left. I have the video quality set to best video.

Do you have "auto track and zoom" enabled for the camera?  That will force the resolution to 1080p.

If not, can you try downloading a video and checking the resolution on the MP4?  With Windows, you can just right-click on the file and look at the properties.

Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Auto zoom and tracking is turned off.  It was working fine until yesterday.  Could a low battery cause it ?  I noticed the battery is down to 17%.

Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not recording in 2K because I can view it in my browser.  The videos recorded in 2K are not viewable in the browser and have to be downloaded to view.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Htrebor,

Try charging up this camera, remove it from Settings > My Devices and resync.

Please let us know if you still experience the same issue after resyncing.

JamesC

Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. I will try that this weekend. Thanks.
Htrebor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before I had a chance to try resetting it, it started recording in 2K and has been working fine.
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Htrebor if your using a pc Edge will play your 2K or 4K without downloading but it's the only one that can currently 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

Htrebor if your using a pc Edge will play your 2K or 4K without downloading but it's the only one that can currently 

It is the only option - but not guaranteed.  The PC also needs to have hardware support for HEVC @ 2K.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation