Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 cameras - message on library screen about “cloud to keep clips secure”.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JZ99
Aspirant
Aspirant

We store on external drive. When it filled(or trial was over?) it stopped recording and we both go a message on library screen about “cloud to keep clips secure”. When my husband replaced the external drive, his message cleared but one didn’t. Tried signing out, reloading app, having him add me again but it won’t clear - so I can view any recordings. Any ideas on how to clear this?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JZ99?

Are you logged in using a shared account through the grant access feature? If so, locally stored content is not viewable on shared accounts, only the primary account.

JamesC

JZ99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am. And that would explain that problem. Now we have the problem that now my husband can’t view recordings either. It just stopped recording- even though our local storage is NOT full.???
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JZ99,

Pro 3 cameras require an active Arlo Secure subscription or trial to view recordings in the library. With your trial, these recordings were saved to the cloud. If you have local storage enabled, you will need to eject the storage device and view the recordings using a PC.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation