Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 camera with VMB4000 hub problems

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mfloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Pro system with 3 Pro cameras and the Pro Hub(VMB4000). I understood those Pro cameras to be 720p HD. I bought and added a Pro 3 camera to the system, anticipating a solid improvement in image quality. I can see zero quality difference between the Pro and Pro3!! I have 2k on and have a local USB drive connected and working. Literally the video quality is no different. Do I need a newer hub to get the 2k video quality?? Also when attempting to live stream the Pro3 after about 10 seconds it locks up and goes to a distorted screen of many pixelated colors??
5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

The 4000 is compatible with the Pro3 and 2k. What trouble shooting steps have you done to try to correct the live steaming before we repeat something you tried.  Also if you have zoom and tracking on recordings will be in 1080

Mfloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not much. The camera is only about 30’ from the base and has full signal strength. The usb storage is top of the line and brand new/empty (it was properly and successfully formatted). The other three Pro cameras are working fine no issues.
Mfloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
I might also add that regardless if streaming or watching a recorded video clip, the picture quality is absolutely not any better than the Pro. Video clip with motion detection is still working fine otherwise on the Pro3.
Mfloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lastly, I just attempted to log in via the computer to see if it was just the app. All Pro cameras work fine, but the second you try to live stream the Pro 3 it takes the base offline and it only comes back if you log out and back in. But while it shows off line on the PC, the app will still works fine on the Pros.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mfloski,

The symptoms you're describing here are not typical behavior. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation