Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the pro 3 camera pack 2 days ago. First day/night was working good. Tonight, I’ve noticed one camera has developed a ‘halo’ effect upon night vision (yet to see if daylight will show this also). Seems like a white halo or rings around the centre of the cameras focus area. I have gently cleaned the outside of the camera thinking it could be smudges from today’s full battery charge but this didn’t change anything at all. Can anyone advise what it may be? I have reset and restarted all cameras and the hub. Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the night vision reflecting off of a nearby light colored surface ( like side of house, etc )  ?

Can you post a snapshot ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have one of my Pro 3's mounted under the eave on my front porch and I get this on that camera. The eave is a light colored vinyl soffit. 

Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, nothing reflecting. There are no street lights nearby. The first night was fine but the second night the foggy halo appeared. I’ve also not moved the camera position. It’s  Very odd! 

Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought of that to. See my photos for comparison.

Brookequick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Halo appearance.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brookequick wrote:

Halo appearance.

The picture will be darker in the center no matter what you do, since the IR lights in the camera have limited range.

Have you considered mounting the camera on the fence instead of on the house?  That would eliminate the reflection problem on the right side of the image.  

Not sure if the left side is reflections though - perhaps some moisture was on the lens?  You could try RainX or a similar treatment for that.

Url
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same haloing issue happening with two of my cameras. Changing locations has no effect on the haloing. New system as well. I have attached a pic.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Url wrote:
I have the same haloing issue happening with two of my cameras. Changing locations has no effect on the haloing. New system as well. I have attached a pic.

Not sure if this is the same issue or not.

Are you talking about the camera bloom around the lights in your screenshot?  Or something else?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I have experienced the same issue, and after going outside at night and adjusting my cameras. I found that the IR was reflecting off the eve or gutter. If I aim the cameras further down, the halo goes away. My cameras are mounted with the outdoor mounts to the soffit, which puts them too close to the soffit and gutter I guess.

The issue I have is that if I move the area I want motion detection to the lower two-thirds of the viewing area, the cameras points upward high enough to cause the halo.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation