Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Invite Friends Option Acting Funny

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running version 4.3.1_28528.  I tried to add a family member to the account so we aren't just sharing my login.  While they received the invite, when they create an account, it shows none of the shared devices, and acts like it is a new account separate from mine.  How do I get my devices and account to be accessible on their system?

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) Both phones must use the same version app as well as the same user interface (UI) Check that both show Feed to view videos.

2) WHen both are on the same version UI, the guest should click on Home at the top and choose the bottom selection. Each user gets their own Home so the guest has to select yours. I suggest renaming at least one Home to make it obvious.

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  Both UI's are the same and on latest.  When I click on Home, there aren't any options that appear.  It's just Home.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The GUEST clicks on Home to see your Home. You would only see yours.

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm talking about the guest user.  She's my wife, so I was troubleshooting on her phone on this issue.  There are zero options under Home on her account.  It's like the system isn't even recognizing this is tied to a current subscription. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the invitation show up as "accepted" in your account?  Or is it "pending"?

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Accepted.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting her phone and reinstalling the app. Any difference? Have you tried using her account using a computer browser pointed to my.arlo.com?

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Uninstalled the app, rebooted, and reinstalled.  No change.  I'll try from the browser as her account.

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, wasn't able to check via desktop until recently.  Logging in there just shows a single entry when I click Home.  So it really doesn't look like this is detecting the current subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Last attempt is to remove her granted access account in your account and recreate it. She'll have to accept again but won't have to recreate her account since it's already there. Verify that it's been accepted and then check Home on her account again.

CaffeineFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that before I posted on here.  It's acting like this is a completely separate account/subscription instead of adding her to the current.  It is very annoying as it shouldn't be this hard.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation