Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
radiobrewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

While we were away for Christmas for two weeks, one of our three Arlo Pro 3 cameras ran to 0% battery life. Since then, it is impossible to get to work. I have tried restarting, resetting, resetting the Hub, do a Factory Reset of the camera...EVERYTHING. It will connect to the Hub, but then every time I get to Positioning the Camera, it times out and says either "Unable to connect to Arlo server" or some other fail message. I want to add more Arlo cameras to the system, because I really like the notion of cameras connecting directly to Wi-Fi without a base, but the Pro 3 isn't even being made apparently. My Arlo confidence is rather low right now. Can anyone offer assistance?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@radiobrewster wrote:

I really like the notion of cameras connecting directly to Wi-Fi without a base, but the Pro 3 isn't even being made apparently.

Not sure why you call out the Pro 3, since it requires a base.  The Pro 4 can connect either way, and its performance is the same as the Pro 3.

@radiobrewster wrote:

but then every time I get to Positioning the Camera, it times out and says either "Unable to connect to Arlo server" or some other fail message.

This is just one of the cameras?  If you then go in again (either with the app or my.arlo.com), can you see the camera?

The camera could be defective (in which case you should either contact support or exchange with the seller).  But there are enough on-boarding issues that it is hard to say for sure.

radiobrewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I gave up. Not worth any more effort. Found a single Pro 3 Spotlight at Sam's Club for $159.91.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation