Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

I have just bought a 2 x Arlo Pro 3 camera plus hub set. Everything connected and both cameras connected to hub BUT when I took cameras into the garden to look for best positions one lost connection and now won’t reconnect to Arlo hub. The cameras will be within direct line of sight through French doors of hub c 30 feet. The one that lost connection was about 50 -60 feet away at the time but I’ve found a position now within 30 feet as well. I’ve tried reconnecting hub to router and rebooting etc but one camera works fine and the other just won’t sync/connect to hub? Both cameras are back in the router room for reconnecting and 2-3 feet away from hub when I reconnect. One does connect as is OK in the garden and one doesn’t? The one that doesn’t shows flashing blue led at the same time as hub when I try reconnecting and both the have rapid blue flashing but not a sign of the camera on app or even the “tick” to show connection successful on the app when the rapid blue lights stop and the app says try manual sync (which I have tried several times etc.

I would appreciate any help please before I return the whole set up and look elsewhere,. Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Swindonpete 

Check out this thread, pay attention to the very last post I made (post # 11)

Maybe this will help

Re: Arlo Pro 3 Camera Will Not Sync To Hub - Arlo Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try deleting the camera, rename it with a different name as the one it had and reconnecting it then.

Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks v much for the idea. I did do this after a couple of failed attempts to reconnect a couple of days ago but no luck. Now the camera is not showing on the app so there is no opportunity to name/rename. 

I hope I can get a solution soon. Any other ideas welcomed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions. It might be worth removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and starting fresh.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you do a hard reboot on the base station? Sounds like something is still in memory somewhere. I had one to do that, I just kept trying things until it worked.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Swindonpete 

Check out this thread, pay attention to the very last post I made (post # 11)

Maybe this will help

Re: Arlo Pro 3 Camera Will Not Sync To Hub - Arlo Community

Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for all the help. I’ve sorted it by removing the batteries , removing all the cameras and hub from the app. Removing the app and reinstalling, factory reset the hub. Then starting again and calling the devices different names. So, I’m getting good video footage with a good Wi-Fi signal to the cameras and very pleased with the results.

The “community” has been great - thanks all who have helped me. I, sure it will help others if Arlo put a simple guide on their FAQ’s to walk through the simple steps to resolve issues like the ones I experienced.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation