Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Port forwarding Help using a UBEE Router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Armando1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I'd like you can help me to configure and setup port forwarding. If you have some quick start guides or some examples, I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a question for the router manufacturer or their forums. Grab the manual from their website for directions. I suppose it's possible not all routers support port forwarding.

Armando1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Thanks for your answer. 

Well in fact I did all related to the UBEE Router, I open the port and create port forwarding, but I can't get connection yet. I'm not an expert. So my first question is about if its necessary to have a VPN, please let me know. I did all the setup requested on my phone.

Please let me know with some information.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The VPN is certainly more secure but port forwarding may be needed since not all routers support VPNs. Make sure the router settings for the port forwarding include the proper IP address for the hub. The Arlo app should provide all the information needed to configure the router. Check Settings, My Devices, your hub, Storage Settings, Port Forwarding for the ports and IP address. However, you may want to set a static IP address for the hub since a reboot of the hub and/or router may change the IP address. See the router's documentation for directions on how to do this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation