Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Poor connectivity from Base Station to Camera. Installed BT WiFi booster but still have problems.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KimBowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am having issues with poor connectivity from my base to camera. I’ve installed a BT wifi booster to help but still having problems.  I want to remove connection to the base and connect directly to the booster. When I try to connect the only option I get is to connect to the base, the manuals suggest I should be able to click on connect without the hub … but the option doesn’t appear.  

Does anybody have any suggestions please?

6 REPLIES 6
KimBowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should also add that I have a wireless doorbell as well, and that has connected to the booster without any issue and is working well.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KimBowden wrote:

Hello, I am having issues with poor connectivity from my base to camera. I’ve installed a BT wifi booster to help but still having problems.  I want to remove connection to the base and connect directly to the booster.

There's no way to do that with Pro 3 cameras.

KimBowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply StephenB.  I was following an online manual at - https://kb.arlo.com/000062379/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-directly-to-my-WiFi-router-if-the-came...

which makes no mention of not being able to do with the Pro3 series, so very disappointing for lack of info from Arlo.

But many thanks to you for replying and letting me know, appreciated.

kind regards

KimBowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again Stephen, thinking about it … can you perhaps tell me please, which Arlo cameras are able to connect directly to the booster, instead of having to connect to the Homebase unit?

Kind regards,

Kim

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KimBowden wrote:

Hi again Stephen, thinking about it … can you perhaps tell me please, which Arlo cameras are able to connect directly to the booster, instead of having to connect to the Homebase unit?

The Pro 3 floodlight (not the ordinary Pro 3), the Pro 4, and the Essential cameras can connect directly to your home wifi (e.g., the booster).  All require a paid subscription to get cloud storage.

Also the new Go 2 camera can connect to your home WiFi or via LTE.  Again, it requires a paid subscription to get cloud storage, and also a data plan if you want the LTE connectivity.

KimBowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Again many thanks Stephen. Really appreciate it.

kind regards,

Kim

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation