Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Police cant access USB storage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wraith3845
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, it's finally happened, I've had an incident on my property in which police need access to my videos and local storage is not accessible from the app. I am the primary user and I am on the same network, the hub shows that the USB is installed and accessible. This camera system has now proven to be a legal liability and I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau seeing as this has been a problem since purchase. This company has had years to fix these issues and have only tried to sell me a subscription, why on earth would I pay monthly when you can't get what I currently have to work properly.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wraith3845 wrote:
Well, it's finally happened, I've had an incident on my property in which police need access to my videos and local storage is not accessible from the app. 

There's a bug in the Android app that was updated on 20 July.  Options are to side-load the previous app, or put the USB stick in a PC and copy off the recording.  Eject the USB stick from the app first.

iOS is not affected, so if you have an ipad or iphone in the family, you could also download it from there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the USB mem properly ( eject ) and test in an external device ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wraith3845 wrote:
Well, it's finally happened, I've had an incident on my property in which police need access to my videos and local storage is not accessible from the app. 

There's a bug in the Android app that was updated on 20 July.  Options are to side-load the previous app, or put the USB stick in a PC and copy off the recording.  Eject the USB stick from the app first.

iOS is not affected, so if you have an ipad or iphone in the family, you could also download it from there.

Wraith3845
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, this is not an uncommon issue. Sometimes the USB is available and Sometimes it's not. This issue is extremely common if you look through the community. I have followed all of the steps other than formatting the USB drive because I need the video as evidence. You would think that if you spent around $1,500 on a camera system it wouldn't have so many issues.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation