Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications due to shadows on the floor

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
velezjx3
Follower
Follower

My cameras are detecting the shadows created by trees on the ground as motion detection. The trees show a shadow on the ground and the sun shining through, when the tree branches move, the cameras detect it as movement. I lowered the sensitivity for 35%, lets see how that works, but this means that the detection sensors on these cameras are not "true" motion sensors and there is no physical movement. 

Lastly, other issue we have is with rain and bugs flying. Those are detected as a person. Really?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@velezjx3 wrote:

My cameras are detecting the shadows created by trees on the ground as motion detection. The trees show a shadow on the ground and the sun shining through, when the tree branches move, the cameras detect it as movement. I lowered the sensitivity for 35%, lets see how that works, but this means that the detection sensors on these cameras are not "true" motion sensors and there is no physical movement. 

There's not much you can do about the moving shadows, other than possibly turning off "all other motion" in the notifications.

@velezjx3 wrote:

Lastly, other issue we have is with rain and bugs flying. 

The classifications aren't always right. Still, they shouldn't routinely be classified that way.  You could donate those videos, so maybe Arlo will add them into their training set.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can try turning off all other motion as suggested but on mine all I have turned on is person and animal and I still am getting the shadows moving. It still also shows motion on the notification. I suspect that they are still working out all the bugs with the pro 3's as there seems to be several.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation