Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TybElite
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have and Arlo 2 and Arlo Pro 3.... the Arlo 2 records to Library Arlo Pro 3 does not. Is there a reason why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TybElite wrote:
I have and Arlo 2 and Arlo Pro 3.... the Arlo 2 records to Library Arlo Pro 3 does not. Is there a reason why?

The Pro 3 needs a smart subscription for cloud recordings if your 3 month trial ran out. The Pro2 and older still have the free 7 day cloud storage. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TybElite wrote:

The Pro 3 needs a smart subscription for cloud recordings if your 3 month trial ran out. The Pro2 and older still have the free 7 day cloud storage. 

TybElite
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had the 2 for over a year and still getting library storage. The 3 is newly installed never had any storage
dcfox1
Master
Master

Check in your settings then the subscription to make sure the Pro3 is in the trial. It should have started when you activated it. Also make sure you have all filters off in the library.  Also make sure in the rules for the Pro3 cam has recording checked. 

Shelldaisy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 new Pro 3 cameras and 2 Pro 2 cameras. I ended up buying a new base station VMB5000. Still all I see is the “just now” with a snap shot of the camera view but then there is no video footage recorded.  It is viewable from the micro SD,  so the only way to view the footage is to pull the SD device from the hub and view on my computer.  Kinda defeats the purpose if you can’t view the footage when you are away from the house.  I really don't want to pay for a subscription.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shelldaisy,

To view locally stored content when away from home, you need to set up Direct Storage Access. For more information, take a look here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

Aspirant
Aspirant

To be sure I am understanding, I purchased what I thought was the better camera Pro 3 , but then have to pay a monthly subscription as well?  But had I purchased the Pro 2, I could keep getting free access?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@812 wrote:

To be sure I am understanding, I purchased what I thought was the better camera Pro 3 , but then have to pay a monthly subscription as well?  But had I purchased the Pro 2, I could keep getting free access?

Yes correct. The Pro3 and newer require a subscription for cloud recording after the "3 Month free trial" as on the product page and box. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation