Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

For the last two days, I can not access my recordings on the base from any cameras and doorbell.  I am still getting notifications and a snapshot, but no new or past recordings are available.  Is this a ploy to make us subscribe?  I have had the cameras a long time and have done all the trouble shooting tips to no avail.

97 REPLIES 97
Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stan:   fyi: I tried reinstalling the arlo app,  it did work for a couple of hours.  Have not been able to get back in the Hub recordings again.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Lani1 wrote:

Stan:   fyi: I tried reinstalling the arlo app,  it did work for a couple of hours.  Have not been able to get back in the Hub recordings again.

Are using Android or IOS. I have IOS and it has been working fine but takes about 5-10 seconds to load. 

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

android

dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok, Not sure if that is the difference. 

Rwd129
Initiate
Initiate
My recordings stopped on 10/11/2021 as well. I get the notification and red icon, but no recording. I have had these cameras for a couple years, no issues until now. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, no luck. How do I get my library back again?
dizzan
Tutor
Tutor

The update fixed the issue with my Camera's saving videos.

However, my doorbell is no longer saving video's - that was not fixed. Now customer service says I don't have a "plan" for that, but I never did have one? All the cameras (regular, doorbell) videos "coincidentally" stopped saving on the same day, is this some sort of subscription scam, or something? I don't need a subscription and now my video doorbell is basically useless. 

Anyone else? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dizzan wrote:

However, my doorbell is no longer saving video's - that was not fixed. Now customer service says I don't have a "plan" for that, but I never did have one?

All the newer cameras (including the doorbells) starting with the Ultra in 2018 require a subscription for cloud storage.  That should be on the packaging that came with your system.

The cameras come with a 90-day trial - my guess is that the trial has recently expired.

GSgeezer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue, not being able to view local recordings in the library (no drop-down for it). I've tried everything! Just reloaded the app again this morning to my Samsung A10e. Same result, with no local option. Very frustrating! 

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you are using a range extender, make sure both your router and range extender are operating correctly.

I have a TP-Link Deco Mesh with a router and two extenders. If the Arlo base station connects to one of the range extenders, and they extender drops out or loses power, Arlo does NOT look for the router. It just keeps looking for the range extender.

Note: The Deco is not for SysAdms, it’s a Harry Homeowner router. I wish I’d known before I purchased and got everything up and running. For example, you cannot hide the SSID, so don’t take this as an endorsement of the Deco.
Aob1216
Initiate
Initiate
The same exact thing has happened to me. So frustrating. Following.
GSgeezer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rebooted my modem and router. Lo and behold, the drop-down for my hub in the library came back and I was able to view recordings.

Nosub
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having the no local video problem.

Base station: VMB5000r5

Iphone OS 15.1

Arlo App 3.5.8 (2878)

I already had to upgrade my base station to a VMB5000 just to be able to see video from my doorbell camera, and everything was working for a while.  First I lost doorbell videos, and now I've lost video from cameras too.  I get notifications fine, and can see live video.  I simply can't see local videos from the arlo app.  I plugged the drive into a PC and saw that the camera videos were at least recording on it.  My doorbell camera though wasn't recording anything.  I tried reformatting the card and rebooting my router, but those didn't fix it.

I wanted to file a bug report with Arlo, but it looks like asking the community for help is the only option unless you pay for a subscription.  It may be coincidence, but I started losing videos about the time they started requiring two-factor authorization to access videos.  I do have two-factor authentication enabled.

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI: I was told that this issue would be resolved when the new Arlo app is ready.  Not sure when that will be.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nosub wrote:

I'm also having the no local video problem.

Base station: VMB5000r5

Iphone OS 15.1

Arlo App 3.5.8 (2878)

I simply can't see local videos from the arlo app. 

3.5.10 is out there now, though you might not yet see it in the automatic updates.  If you search on Arlo in the app store, then you will see if (and I saw an offer to update when I did that).

Are you saying the you can't select the base from the library?

Or that you can select it, but are getting a connection error (or just not seeing any videos)?

Nosub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so very much, StephenB.  Before posting here I had gone to the app store and clicked update all.  However, nothing new for Arlo showed up.  When I searched explicitly for the Arlo app though like you suggested, I did see an update I could download.  After updating to 3.5.10 I was able to access my local storage again.

Thank you!

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an android system. Looks like  the new app 3.5.10 is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. (per note on website) Has anyone with an adroid system been able to download this app?

thanks

Dziemvuong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally!!! After 6 months without video replay through my storage, the version 3.5.10 solved my problem. Thank you
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lani1 wrote:

Looks like  the new app 3.5.10 is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.

No, they released it for both Android and iOS.  See https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Android-App-3-5-10-9th-December-2021/td-p/...

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, the new app is also for android.  Per Arlo Tech support; they are still working on the issue of not able to view local recordings on "android' system.

Nosub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't update to IOS 15.2!

Well it was good to see the videos again for a few days anyway.  After updating to the new iphone 15.2 firmware version I can no longer see the videos again.

Even before I updated the IOS firmware, I was having a problem watching videos that were downloaded over my VPN while away from the house.  On my local wifi, I could download and watch videos from my doorbell camera and other cameras.  Over VPN, I could still download all videos, but playback of my doorbell videos showed a nearly all green screen while I could hear audio.

Again though, after updating the IOS firmware to 15.2 I now get an error that prevents me from seeing any videos through the arlo app whether on wifi or VPN.  It says, "Videos stored on Ultra Base Station are not available.  Please check your connection settings."

I guess I have to wait for another arlo app update, but because of what happened last time it also means I'll have to manually check the app store for an available update.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nosub wrote:

Again though, after updating the IOS firmware to 15.2 I now get an error that prevents me from seeing any videos through the arlo app whether on wifi or VPN.  It says, "Videos stored on Ultra Base Station are not available.  Please check your connection settings."

FWIW, I am not seeing that with iOS 15.2 on my iphone 12 mini (I tried both wifi and my VPN). Port forwarding is not enabled (likely the case with you also, since you are using a VPN).

You might try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.  Might be an issue with the app cache (which unfortunately can't be cleared with iOS).

Dziemvuong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

I have  ver 15.1.1 not updated yet, but still have the same error like yours. After only 1 week of enjoyment with local recording now back to square one. Arlo product is unreliable, user unfriendly. I owned and got stuck with Arlo Pro3, Arlo Pro 4, Arlo Pro3 flood light and never have a piece of mind when away from home. Without the hub version you have to pay extra, with the hub version then no local recording.

Never Arlo product again

samiam1520
Aspirant
Aspirant
No the issue was not fixed. I still have no Direct Access to local recordings. Help. I paid big time for 2 of the floodlight cams and can't view recordings without removing the usb