Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Odin1020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello -

I have been having missed cloud recordings. There are times I know when I know it should be triggering but isn't and I am not being notified. There are also times when it's capturing tree movement and triggers cloud recordings that are useless.

I want to try and get this resolved, as we believe it failed to record a particular event.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have an active subscription and is the camera enabled in that subscription? These cameras require that sub for cloud recordings.

Odin1020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, all cameras have an active, paid subscription. I have 3 on the Arlo Smart and one on the CVR plans.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have been having missed cloud recordings. There are times I know when I know it should be triggering but isn't and I am not being notified. There are also times when it's capturing tree movement and triggers cloud recordings that are useless.

Then it sounds like the positioning needs to be revisited to eliminate or at least minimize false recordings caused by the sun's strong IR being reflected by the tree movements. You can also try changing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules to find an acceptable compromise of capturing what you need vs. false triggers. Many of us use different sensitivity settings in custom modes and then use the schedule to automate switching with daytime settings are reduced and nighttime settings increase.

Odin1020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Under the "Armed" setting, would I want it closer to 0% if I want it to be more sensitive?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Odin1020 wrote:
Under the "Armed" setting, would I want it closer to 0% if I want it to be more sensitive?

No, 100% is most sensitive.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation