Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New router, base station won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Shelliemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently got a new router,  a wifi6. My cameras are all connected.  I can't get the base station for the doorbell and outside wireless cameras to connect. The led light is solid blue. I have tried everything multiple times. I'm beyond frustrated. 

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shelliemarie wrote:

I recently got a new router,  a wifi6. My cameras are all connected.  I can't get the base station for the doorbell and outside wireless cameras to connect. The led light is solid blue. 

Just to clarify this - are the cameras that aren't connecting paired with the base?  Or are they connecting to your router's wifi?

Shelliemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, that was confusing.  My Arlo Q cameras connected.  The base station is not found every time I try, so I can't even try to connect my outside cameras or the doorbell. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a mesh network or just a router? Where is the hub connected - the router or a satellite (if using a mesh network)?

Shelliemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

The hub is connected to the router with the ethernet cable that came with it. The LED is solid blue. I also tried connecting the hub directly to the modem, but gave up and connected it back to the router.  We have a fiber optic network for internet,  1 gig speeds. The router separates the 2.4 signal from the 5 GHz. The have the Arlo Q cameras are on the 2.4 signal and they are working just fine, and connected just fine. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shelliemarie,

Consider removing the base station from your account and factory resetting. After the reset, try adding it back to your account.

For steps on how this is done, take a look here: How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station?

JamesC

Shelliemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that first. I removed it,  tried re-adding, restoring it to factory, unplugged it, both from power and the router, plugged in the router first,  then back to power. I have tried everything. I read a lot of questions and solutions before posting, hoping to find something that I haven't tried before contacting support. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Check the LAN ports on the router are enabled. However, if the blue light is on, then the base station *is* connected to the Internet.

As James said, remove the base station from the account in your app and add it again (so, not just removing it by unplugging it). Remember also to clear cache before you do that etc. 

Try also by being connected to the same wireless network (your router in this case). 

It'd be helpful if you mentioned the model of your modem and router. 

garissfl4
Tutor
Tutor

We are having the same issue. Did you get this resolved? We are Spectrum Cable users. Our Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub  VMB4540 was working fine until they upgraded our router to a Spectrum Advanced Home Wifi 6 Router Model #SAX1V1R. We have done the factory reset and the Arlo Hub has the blue light but we are unable thru the app to set up the hub. My Samsung Galaxy S10 is the same phone I used to set up the Arlo Hub on the previous router and we had no issues with set up. You can see the Arlo Hub in my wifi detection on my cell phone. When I launch the app and try to add a device it gives me an error message saying "No Arlo Devices found". 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@garissfl4 wrote:

Our Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub  VMB4540 was working fine until they upgraded our router to a Spectrum Advanced Home Wifi 6 Router Model #SAX1V1R.

FWIW, you shouldn't have had to do a reset.  The smarthub should have reconnected by itself, since it is using ethernet and not the router's wifi to connect to the internet.

@garissfl4 wrote:

You can see the Arlo Hub in my wifi detection on my cell phone. When I launch the app and try to add a device it gives me an error message saying "No Arlo Devices found". 

Maybe try logging into my.arlo.com on a PC, and see if you can add the smarthub from there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, since you've reset the hub, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices before trying to claim the hub again.

garissfl4
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I removed all devices before trying to add the hub back.

garissfl4
Tutor
Tutor

The new WIFI 6 router did not initially recognize our system. Customer service told us to do the factory reset and we did. The factory reset cleared all devices from our account. The Arlo SmartHub was showing blue but the app would not discover the device.

garissfl4
Tutor
Tutor

Performed another factory reset today with holding the reset button for 30 seconds (online instructions say 10 seconds but customer service chat said try 30 seconds). As Stephen suggested I launched the weblink for My Arlo Account and tried the Add Device option from there. AND IT WORKED!!! Thanks for your input!!

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation