Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Robycat52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two base stations.  One is for Arlo Pro 2 and the other is Arlo Pro3 Smart Hub.  I have multiple cameras on each station.  The Arlo Pro 3 Smart Hub is set up for local storage as I can't seem to be able to set to cloud for free.  On my iPhone I can choose which base station to look at when I go into the Library as there is a drop down menu at the top of my screen.  Works great.

Just recently go a new Samsung and when I access the Library there appears to be no drop down menu to switch between base stations and will only provide videos for the Arlo Pro 2.  I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find this option in the Android app on my Samsung.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible or is it is a glitch/oversight with the Android app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robycat52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Figured it out!!

I have a dual band router hanging off my modem.  I was connected to it rather than the modem itself.  Once connected directly to modem in wifi on Samsung Phone I now have the drop down menu to switch between base stations in the library and can view the videos from local storage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand correctly, you must have a VMB4540 or 5000 to be able to view local recordings directly using the app. The 4000/4500 won't work with the app and the drive must be safely ejected for viewing on a computer. So, any cameras connected to your 4540 can be viewed by the app but your Pro 2 base (probably a 4000 or 4500) cannot be viewed this way.

Robycat52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000r3 and a VMB4540r2.

I have local storage set up on the VMB4540 with a USB as I could not connect to cloud for free.

I have been able to access the videos on my iPhone from the USB with out port forwarding as long as I am at home.  In the iPhone Arlo Mobile app there is a drop down at the top of the library menu to toggle from one base station to another so I can access the videos.

On the Samung with the Android app I do not have the option to choose the base station when in the library and can only see the VMB400 Arlo Pro 2 Cloud based videos.

This appears to be a problem with the Android app as it is perfectly fine on the iPhone.

Robycat52
Aspirant
Aspirant

Figured it out!!

I have a dual band router hanging off my modem.  I was connected to it rather than the modem itself.  Once connected directly to modem in wifi on Samsung Phone I now have the drop down menu to switch between base stations in the library and can view the videos from local storage.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation