Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection outside activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
bhashi
Initiate
Initiate

I recently bought Arlo Pro3 cameras for my home. I have installed one camera in my driveway and selected three activity zones to minimize the number of false notifications I receive. The camera still keeps sending me notifications about motions detected outside the activity zone. So I get notifications about cars, people walking their pets, and so on, which is truly annoying.

Can somebody please help me with how to avoid these unwanted notifications?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried reducing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? I've found that the combination works reasonably well. 

In addition, take the time to aim the camera to eliminate as much view as possible while still monitoring what you really need. Sky and street generally shouldn't be in the camera view for best results.

bhashi
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried reducing the motion sensitivity to as low as 20 but I still get notifications about cars, and people passing outside the activity zones. I don't really see the activity zones working at all in my case. I can try rearranging the camera view to avoid street-view but the completely defies the purpose of the activity zones. I have created 3 zones to avoid any unnecessary notifications but only if it worked as expected. I am kind of disappointed with this. 

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same issue, I just remove them because it wasn't working the way I thought it should.

Theo80
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue, didn't have it with the Pro2 cameras. But after changing to a Pro3 Floodlight I get an issue with triggers outside of activity zones. Get's annoying!

Bikespace
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had exactly the same problem with the Pro3 ever since I supplied power to it 2 days ago. Seemed ok on battery. Looks like a bug to me. Thank god I didn’t spend nearly a thousand pounds on my set up in the hope I’d get something barely workable (oh I did!). As it is I’ve had around 600 notifications in the past two days, about 8 of them genuine, the others just alerting for people outside of my activity zone.
Gordonary
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't help you, but just wanted to add that the same thing happens to me. Activity zone excludes the street, yet still detecting them driving down the street.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation