Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mesh Network WiFi Frequency compatibility with Arlo Pro 3/SmartHub

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DLaw9
Follower
Follower

My fiance and I were gifted a three-pack of Arlo Pro 3 Wire-free cameras and the SmartHub for Christmas for our new house. I had intended to purchase Google Nest Mesh wifi system to ensure that the house was well-blanketed in wifi so that the cameras didn't have any connectivity issues. We also intend to purchase the video doorbell to go along with the camera/hub system.

I recently noticed that the cameras/doorbell have to run on a 2.4GHz frequency, but the Nest mesh wifi is dual-band and will switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz as it sees fit (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not tech-illiterate but frequency is a bit outside my wheelhouse). 

Is there a way to ensure compatibility between the mesh system (have not yet purchased) and the Arlo Pro 3/Hub/doorbell? Or should I avoid buying the Nest mesh system for this purpose all together? If it's the latter, does someone know of a quality mesh network system that runs on a 2.4GHz band only and will work with my products?

Other info that may or may not be relevant: We are switching over to Verizon FiOS' gigabit connection in 10 days, so speed should be no issue. The router will be, unfortunately, located in a basement which is a big part of why I wanted to buy the mesh network. I'm not married to the idea of Google Nest but it seems to be the best in our price range.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The mesh system may not make any diff to the Arlo system....the Pro3 camera hooks to the smart base ( some of the camera. models , doorbell can hook into your home WiFi tho, so check ) 

Since the cams need the smart hub base, the cameras will hook only to the base , not your mesh system... the smart hub base will need an Ethernet port tho.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation