Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make 2 cameras armed all the time while the other 2 disarmed when I'm home & scheduled

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
All_Tork
Tutor
Tutor

This has been frustrating me for quite sometime, it’s a simple rule but arlo likes to make everything as complicated as possible.
This is what I am trying to do:

I have 4 cameras and 1 base station. I want to make 2 cameras armed all the time. I would like to make the other 2 cameras armed when I’m away and disarmed when I am home (geofencing) but I would also like them 2 cameras to be armed after a certain time at night (scheduled) regardless if I’m home.
If someone could give me a step by step guide on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
I use iOS.
Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs here on creating and modifying custom modes? It's simple but requires understanding the flow.

You need 2 modes:

1) All cameras have rules.

2) Only the 2 cameras needed to be on at various times have rules.

Set them into the schedule in the appropriate time periods - e.g. mode 1 from 12:00AM to 6AM and again from 10PM to 11:59PM, mode 2 from 6AM to 10PM. Set geofencing to use mode 1 for Away and the schedule for Home.

All_Tork
Tutor
Tutor
This is making my head hurt....
seriously, if the app was setup so you could just set what you want them to do individually, it would be sooo much easier.

I can get all the cameras to arm themselves when I’m away from home, that part is not a problem. What I cannot do is get 2 cameras to disarm when I come home but automatically arm themselves when I go to bed (schedule).
At the moment I have 4 cameras armed when I’m away, and 4 cameras disarmed when I’m home but automatically arm themselves when I go to bed (schedule)
But I want 2 cameras permanently on.
Can anyone help with this??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey All_Tork,

You'll need to create some custom modes to make sure you can choose two cameras that you want armed always. You can read here to learn how to create more custom modes: How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

All_Tork
Tutor
Tutor
I totally must be missing something. I can create modes and also have set rules using the custom mode feature, but no where can I find a schedule rule within the custom mode. The only schedule is the one outside of the custom mode but then I can only either run schedule or the custom mode I have created.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So put your mode(s) in the appropriate time slots in the schedule. It will switch between the modes automatically.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Unfortunately, you can not combine scheduling and geofencing.  What I did was create a custom mode for 2 of my cameras to be armed when I am at home and then use arm all for when away.  I put them on a schedule and that covers my normal routine.  When I leave during the day, I switch from schedule to armed on the app.  When I return I switch back to schedule,

Not perfect but works for me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use the schedule and geofencing. In GF, use any mode for Away and the schedule for Home (or vice versa).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation