Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local Storage does NOT work, making my equipment USELESS

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
konstantinv
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera's detect motion but the system FAILS to record on local storage. Support says this is a KNOWN ISSUE and "Our engineering team still working on it and at this moment we cannot provide any time frame when it will be fixed."

The product is useless without subscription. The product is falsely advertised to work with local storage. The company should compensate its clients with free subscription until the issue is resolved.  Otherwise, the security cameras are just a piece of junk. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

konstantinv,

What troubleshooting have you tried? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@konstantinv FWIW on IOS is it working fine for me. Not sure if you have Android that may be different with the App. 

konstantinv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the app was reinstall. After 3.5hrs in a chat session with two people, the first of which was more than incompetent , I was advised to reset the entire system and set it up from scratch. Will see how things work as a result. 

Definitely not happy with the support for a product under warranty where calls are only available for subscription users. If Chat is the only option, the support in that channel should be top notch and not someone trying to read their instructions manual while I wait for their response. 

konstantinv
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is FWIW - I have iOS

dcfox1
Master
Master

@konstantinv wrote:

what is FWIW - I have iOS

FWIW means "For What it's Worth." Mine is working fine on an IOS (Apple) IPhone with the Arlo App. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation