Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live stream capabilities

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
arbutusperegrin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have an educational website and I would like to purchase cameras for live streaming our chicken coops. I would like the live stream/web cam to be available on my website for students and the public to view. I really like your Arlo Pro 3 cameras with their night vision capabilities. Does your software allow this sort of web cam usage? Thanks so much!
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arbutusperegrin wrote:
 I would like the live stream/web cam to be available on my website for students and the public to view. ... Does your software allow this sort of web cam usage?

Unfortunately, no.

arbutusperegrin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Stephen.
Do you know if the video can be downloaded, saved and then uploaded later? That could be an option with video clips.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arbutusperegrin wrote:
Thanks Stephen.
Do you know if the video can be downloaded, saved and then uploaded later? That could be an option with video clips.

You can manually download recordings and then make them available.

Honestly, I'm thinking Arlo isn't a great fit for what you are wanting to do though.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I think you would be better off looking for a powered camera that records continuously by design.  A low-end Axis camera would do this.   Nest cameras can also do this easily by sharing a link.  I'm sure other powered cameras can also.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation