Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Killer Litter. Video ten floors up, which camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TLSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a setup of several Pro 3 cameras, but now need to position one outside, facing upwards, to capture evidence of "Killer Litter" being thrown down onto my balcony from about 9 or 10 floors above me.

The video resolution, especially when zoomed in, is not good enough to use for evidence and pinpoint which floor is the culprit.

Does anyone know which camera to suggest to get high resolution at that distance?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TLSG wrote:

I have a setup of several Pro 3 cameras, but now need to position one outside, facing upwards, to capture evidence of "Killer Litter" being thrown down onto my balcony from about 9 or 10 floors above me.

Sounds like a difficult task, given the angle the camera must be at. The highest resolution Arlo camera is the Ultra/Ultra2 (4K).  That might be enough either. 

All Arlo cameras have a wide field of view, which unfortunately isn't what you want for this.  Have you set the field of view to the narrowest setting (110 degrees)?

TLSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, I'll try doing that with my current camera, if that helps then sounds like getting an Ultra2 is the best answer. Appreciate the speedy reply.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation