Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I’d like to stop receiving notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GO6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way I can opt out of notifications entirely? I’ve tried turning the motion sensor off and setting the sound detection on the lowest setting but it will still notify me over the slightest noise. I’d like to keep the camera on and recording but not be notified to movement/sound. Is this possible?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You can turn audio notification completely off.  And you can disable notifications altogether.  You do this by clicking on editing the mode (more specifically the rule fo rthe camera inside the mode).

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

GO6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your response! Is there perhaps a way I can turn off both notifications and the option to record a video when a camera is triggered? It won’t allow me to save my options unless I select to either be notified or let the camera record a video. Ideally I’d like no notification and no saved clip, but still have the CVR.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GO6 wrote:
Thank you for your response! Is there perhaps a way I can turn off both notifications and the option to record a video when a camera is triggered? 

You can delete the entire rule for the camera (or create a custom mode that doesn't include the camera).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GO6,

If you do not want a recording or any notifications, it may be easiest to set the camera to the default "Disarmed" mode. This won't impact your CVR feed and still allow you to manually live stream. If you have other cameras connected to the same base station or SmartHub that you do want to be "Armed", you'll need to create a custom mode like StephenB suggests above.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation