Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
c_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had no luck getting my SmartHub to discover on my phone or directly on computer. The router has had all ports required opened that support told me to open. I have spent hours with support over the last 2 weeks doing everything suggested.  I don’t know what to check now and talking with support takes FOREVER just to start a conversation.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's just a bad device - swap at the store.

Otherwise, we need all details as to what you've tried, what you see, etc. to be able to help. LED on/off/color, router and hub reboots, hub reset process (hold the button for > 10 seconds until the LED flashes amber), etc. are all important.

c_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the second hub from Arlo.  Had same issues with first one and Arlo suggested returning it to store.  I have gone through all the steps multiple times per Arlo tech support: factory reset Hub two times, waiting for lights to flash amber, then solid blue; reset my whole computer system, turned off router, waited for 2-3 minutes then let reboot, uninstalled Arlo app and reinstalled; if it won’t even recognize from my computer via Arlo website what could it be.?

when initially plugged in to power source, hub light flashes amber, then goes to solid blue so I know there is connection

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See if you can ping arlo.com using a command window or an app. The blue LED implies a connection but if the ISP is somehow blocking access. ANother possibility is if you're using a VPN which should be disabled.

c_76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Returned the unit.  Going a different brand.  If ISP has to open ports, definitely a security risk for them as well as me in my opinion.  Not worth the time I’ve spent dealing with this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation