Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevem13
Follower
Follower
Hello. I'm new to the arlo community. I'm having trouble to get a couple of things figured out. I have usb storage plugged in status says ready and show storage space being used. My first problem is when I try to access direct storage on my home network I can never get it to come up it always show error try again arlo team is working on issue. My second problem is I'm having trouble to get my port forwarding to setup. I have a netgear r7000 router. I followed the instructions and it still says not available. Can someone help me out please

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi i cant help with the port forward but please will you let me know when you figure it out.
But the issue with the video errors woukd happen to me until i force close thd app then re open, this keeps happening until i cancelled my subscriptions now its fine
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Port forwarding (or use of a VPN) is only needed to when away from home. To view local recordings you must be on the same network as the hub. When at home you need to do nothing more than use the app, go to the library and change the pulldown menu from cloud to whatever the name of your hub is.

Since you're having trouble with both home access and port forwarding, I suspect they're related. Have you tried rebooting the hub? Have you safely ejected the drive and viewed on a computer to see if there are any videos stored? Are you using a 16GB or greater drive?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation