Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Foresight on Arlo 3 PRO camera triggered by Security Light

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NealLO
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo PRO 3 camera (for which I have a Premier subscription) installed indoors, connected to wired power, looking out a window.  To trigger it, I have an ARLO Security Light, also wired power, mounted outside (since the camera cannot be triggered through glass).  The routine to trigger the Camera using the Light is set up on the Security Light Hub.  After a trigger,  presently it appears that the saved camera footage is NOT  taking advantage of the Foresight feature to capture more of the action.  Is there away, or is something under development,  to activate the camera's Foresight feature when set up to be triggered by the security light?  I assume the cause of my current situation is that the camera itself is not armed for motion detection--it is triggered by the Security Light. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because you're triggering from the light, you can't get the foresight. That requires the camera to do the triggering. If really important, you can use higher motion sensitivity  for the light so it triggers a bit faster or subscribe to CVR so you get the entire timeline.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation