Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Flashing amber lights when camera detects motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rolandlondon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any way of turning off the flashing amber lights when the camera detects motion.
This amber light gives away the location of the camera defeating the whole purpose.
Is there any way of turning this light off so it doesn’t give away the location of the camera when it detects motion thank you
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure what amber lights might be flashing. The motion test will cause this so you can determine what sensitivity setting you should use in your modes and rules but otherwise shouldn't be on. Is the battery low? A slow amber flash denotes a low battery. If the battery is charged you may want to remove and readd the camera to see if that makes a difference.

Rolandlondon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes when there is motion detected amber lights flash giving the way the location of the camera I want to be able to turn that off as you can turn the LED lights off when the battery is fully charged.
The whole point of these cameras is that they are covert.
If they start flashing orange when they detect motion that’s not particularly covert it has nothing to do with the battery fully charged.
It says in the manual that the orange light flashes when it detects motion I want to be able to switch off that feature so no one can see where the camera is I thought that’s the point of these cameras
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rolandlondon,

It sounds like you're referring to the IR LEDs illuminating when motion is detected. If there is insufficient lighting the camera will engage these LEDs to produce a night vision recording. You can optionally turn these IR LEDs off so that this does not happen, take a look here for more information: Are the infrared LEDs on Arlo cameras visible at night?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation