Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature Request - Arlo Pro3 - Activity Zone to work with Battery

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BMSV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, would it be possible to get a software update where the Arlo Pro 3 cameras can use the Activity Zone Functionality without a paid subscription nor having to connect to AC power? 

This could attract more clients to Arlo, and improve existing customers' satisfaction. 

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@BMSV wrote:

Hi, would it be possible to get a software update where the Arlo Pro 3 cameras can use the Activity Zone Functionality without a paid subscription nor having to connect to AC power? 

Activity zone processing does take additional power, so battery life would drop.

I agree it would be nice to have this.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BMSV wrote:

Activity zone processing does take additional power, so battery life would drop.

I agree it would be nice to have this.

BMSV
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are right, but i guess the battery life drops the same with the paid subscription, which allows the use of the activity zone with battery , isn't it? 👍

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BMSV wrote:

i guess the battery life drops the same with the paid subscription, which allows the use of the activity zone with battery , isn't it? 👍

No.  With a subscription, the activity zones are processed in the Arlo Cloud, not the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation