Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pent
Guide
Guide

I'm trying to understand if the motion lights on the arlo pro3 and arlo pro floodlights turn on with or without respect to activity zones. I haven't been able to find this bit of information in any of the documentation pages. Does anyone know?

I'm asking because last night, I noticed one of my motion lights turn on - but I did not receive a recording. Is it possible for the motion light to turn on, but then, due to an activity zone, nothing be recorded?

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

It is possible since the camera still records motion then sends it to arlo server to process and if out of zone the recording is discarded so the light will come on during the recording. You can read the FAQ here that has links to documentation. 

pent
Guide
Guide

What if I only want the motion light to go off if motion is detected within an activity zone ?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Not sure if that's possible at least on Pro3 but maybe moderator can chime in. 

pent
Guide
Guide

What if I restricted the camera recording area? Would the camera still detect motion outside of that area?

dcfox1
Master
Master

If you mean the view of the camera yes. Use the positioning and motion test in the camera settings under device utilities. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation