Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
williams_19
Star
Star

Will the Arlo Pro 3 give buyers the free 7 Day cloud storage after the 3 month paid trial service such as with the Pro 2 systems? Or will this system be the same as the Ultra line and not offer the free 7 day cloud service?

It is not clear on the product page if this is included or not and really should be. Considering how long it took to get answers about whether this service was going to be offered for the Ultra and knowing that this factor alone is the main determining reason whether most will be purchasing or not. Paid service is fine for some but majority of us are only interested in products that will support the free 7 day cloud service or will be buying different brands products which offer free video storage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
From what I’ve seen it looks like they’ve mixed in the 2k cloud recordings with their plans that they have already, so if you pay 10 a month for cloud storage and smart alerts it will store in 2k unlike the ultra where you have to pay a separate 4K fee called “pvr” (premium video recording)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
From what I’ve seen it looks like they’ve mixed in the 2k cloud recordings with their plans that they have already, so if you pay 10 a month for cloud storage and smart alerts it will store in 2k unlike the ultra where you have to pay a separate 4K fee called “pvr” (premium video recording)
williams_19
Star
Star

Thanks I see all this now on their subscription sheets. I guess Best Buy just jumped the gun a bit and put the cameras up for pre order before Arlo could update their website with the new cameras and details. Its unfortunate Arlo has decided to go away from the free 7 day storage option as a basic plan for all camera systems and not just leave all the advanced features and longer storage available only for paid subscriptions. I guess they have enough people willing to pay the subscription for the new cameras that it doesn't bother them losing the customers who refuse to buy the new camera systems that force paid subscriptions. I guess I will have to find a different company for my next system upgrade....

Colticus
Tutor
Tutor
Yep, requiring a subscription is pushing me away from Arlo.
Bgreenstone
Guide
Guide
Yep, I guess my current Arlos will be my last. I ditched my Dropcams specifically because Arlo had the free 7-days of recording. There are many other less expensive options out there in the subscription camera market.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@williams_19 wrote:

Will the Arlo Pro 3 give buyers the free 7 Day cloud storage after the 3 month paid trial service such as with the Pro 2 systems? Or will this system be the same as the Ultra line and not offer the free 7 day cloud service?

Like the Ultra, they are offering a trial subscription (3 months for the Pro 3) initially.  They've announced that this year they will roll out direct access to SD card/USB drive storage - which would be free.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation