Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does night vision affect landscape lighting sensors

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Strange question, but I placed a light sensing decorative solar thingie on my porch.  It comes on at dusk but seems to turn off soon after dark.  I have the night vision turned on for my camera.  I was wondering if the iR night vision light on the camera trips the sensor on the LED light to off.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

Strange question, but I placed a light sensing decorative solar thingie on my porch.  It comes on at dusk but seems to turn off soon after dark.  I have the night vision turned on for my camera.  I was wondering if the iR night vision light on the camera trips the sensor on the LED light to off.

If the camera is on battery power, then the IR spotlight in the camera would only come on after the passive IR (PIR) sensors detect motion.  The other gadget could only sense the IR when the camera records.

If the camera is on AC, then the camera is always capturing video (because of the foresight feature).  So in that case, the gadget might sense the IR at night.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, the camera is on AC power.  I did try turning the night vision off last night and the thing did not light up.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean the spotlight? Is it enabled in the camera settings? IIRC, there have been cases of AC power somehow causing issues - try unplugging it to see if there's a difference.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsaus63304 wrote:

Yes, the camera is on AC power.  I did try turning the night vision off last night and the thing did not light up.  

Sounds like it is likely NightVision then.

Maybe see if you can reposition the gadget so the IR from the camera doesn't reach the gadget's sensor.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation