Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Different schedule for different modes Arlo Pro 3 Cameras and Hub

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All I’d appreciate some help please. I have just bought 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras and of the hub which came with the cameras in the box. I’ve set them all up OK and they all work. I’ve also set up 2 modes to use alongside the standard “Armed” and “Disarmed” modes. I’m having trouble working out how to set a “schedule” for each of the modes as I want to use the “Armed” mode to be “on” recording video and sending me notifications between say 5pm and 5am the next day and be “off” during the 5am-5pm period so we do not get unnecessary notification and video footage recorded. Then with one of the new modes I’ve set up for when we are away from home I have the mode to trigger recording, sirens, notifications etc to come be on for all cameras but want this to be on a schedule that is “on” 24 hours a day. I can’t seem to find out how to attached different schedules to different modes so all I have to do is to click on a mode and know that the schedule I’ve pre set for that mode is there. Sorry to be asking but I’ve really tried to find out how to do this. Or, maybe you can only have one schedule that applies to all modes? Simple instructions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can check out the FAQs here for help but basically there's one schedule that handles all modes. Each mode has only the desired cameras having rules (any camera without a rule is disarmed) with appropriate settings per camera. Other modes may have a different mix of cameras/settings. Once you have as many modes as needed for different time periods, place them in the time slot needed. For overnight, you need a time period from, say, 10PM to 11:59PM and another from 12:00AM to 6AM.

Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Thanks v much for the reply. I understand about putting the cameras I want working and the actions those cameras need to take into each mode I build. The bit I don’t understand is the bit you mention of “putting them in the  time slot needed. Could you give me an example please or put it in a different way so I might understand. I’m sorry if I find it difficult. I really appreciate your help.

if it helps I can see how I can get a mode with the outside cameras working with sirens & notifications and the inside cameras not (dogs at home inside) AND then a different mode for when we are away from home with the dogs and we want all cameras on, sirens & notifications on. I understand because I can have the schedule for 24 hours. The one I can’t see how to set up is a “We Are All At Home” one where the outside and inside cameras are armed from as you say 10pm to 6am (I understand how to set the split time bit you explained to get the full coverage from 10pm-6am) but not how to, just by changing from one mode to another the system will not arm any cameras? It’s the bit about “putting them into the time slot needed” - that’s the bit I’m missing/not understanding.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thank you very much

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's where you use the Geofencing "mode". You define what you want to have happen for Home as well as Away. For Home, I'd guess you would want to run the schedule while for Away you would perhaps use a mode that activates all cameras.

Swindonpete
Tutor
Tutor

Ah, OK. I'll have. go and se what I can sort out. There seems to be a lack of simple / straight forward tuition on how to actually do the modes / schedule combination.

I'd just like to be able to click a mode and know that the associated schedule (whatever that might be set at) would apply to that mode. It's just not clear how to set a schedule for each mode, without using geofencing which I appreciate is automatic as you leave home but if we leave home with the dogs at home we do not want the internal cameras to trigger but when we leave ho,e withthe dogs for walks / holidays etc we do want them to trigger, for example so I'm not sure geofencing will solve that?

Thanks very much for your help I feel so close to getting things to work the way I'd like but just not got there yet!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a tougher nut to crack. You can't select a mode for it to be scheduled but you can schedule all modes. Selecting the Schedule "mode" is how to have certain modes active at certain times.

Geofencing can use the schedule for Away or Home and a specific mode for the other. However, the issue of no indoor cameras for some Away times but all cameras at others can't be handled by GF. That will require a manual switch. My suggestion is to use a mode without indoor cameras for Away if that's the most usual case and manually use Armed or another all cameras mode for the other (or vice versa).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation