Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Different Mounts & Signal Strength Range Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flyguy72
Follower
Follower
Has anyone else noticed that there seems to ba a difference in range depending on which mount you use? I have 2 cameras on the same corner and changed the one CLOSER to a tamper resistant camera mount. The closer one (With the afternoon market mount) seems to have just one bar of signal strength but the included traditional mount (that’s around the corner) has 2? Can’t figure why that might be???

I also noticed that the one that comes with the system has more metal in the mount....

Were the cameras setup so that the included (but easy to steal) mounts act like an antenna to extend the range in some way???

I have 3 types:
1- Arlo magnetic that came with the system (not using)
2- Traditional mounts with 3 screws (came with the cameras)
3- Tamper resistant after market mount made with less steel in the mounting screw system.

Same cameras just changed one of the mounts... was this a design flaw/fix? Please help!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose that it could be the exact positioning of the camera that the two mounts provide that could explain this. The 2 bars might be barely 2 and the 1 bar could be almost 2 so it's a threshold thing. The mounts could also be using different metals which I suppose could make a difference, too. Just SWAGing here...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation