Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Christmas Lights cut, Arlo Pro 3 didn't pick it up

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
llove01
Follower
Follower

So I installed 4 Arlo Pro 3 around the house this past fall mainly due to issues I've had with my christmas lights over the past two years.  I've had problems with my lights being cut in a very specific area.  So this year I installed 1 of the 4 cameras directly over the area I've had problems in the past with cuts to my lights.  The camera is mounted 10ft off the ground looking down.  It's picking up dear/cats/foxes, even me when I go over in that area both during the day and at night.  However, my lights still got cut in that same area and the camera picked up nothing.   Jan 1st, lights were working.  Some time between the 1st and the 3rd the lights got cut and all if picked up were a couple of clips from cats walking through.  this is a huge disappointment and makes me very concerned about the reliability of this camera system.   I am noticing that I'll get notifications pop up on my phone but for some reason I see no video clip showing up in the app when I log in.  I don't know what's going on here but perhaps this may be what happened to it missing my wire snipper?  

Any advice or help would be nice.  

Thanks!

llove01

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would install a USB drive on the hub if you have have one. Arlo Smart may be the reason if it decided that the video wasn't one you selected to be notified about which causes the video to be discarded. Local recordings save everything since Smart uses the servers for post-processing. That way you can check both cloud and local recordings to see if something was recorded but Smart discarded it. An alternative is to deactivate the camera(s) in Smart Notifications so nothing is processed nor discarded.

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

what's the point of having (and PAYING extra) for "smart" detection if it needs to be turned off to detect and record motion?  One thing I've noticed is that detection on my Arlo Pro3 improved when I turned off audio detection and relied only on the camera. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation