Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect Arlo Pro 3 to Google Mesh

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jbuice01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am pretty much technologically challenged and need some help.

I have an Arlo Pro 3 camera/motion light and Google Mesh Wifi. My camera was previously working but then had some issues. I tried fixing it but couldn’t so I just ended up disconnecting it from the arlo app. However, now I cannot get the camera connected back to wifi. This particular Arlo camera has to be connected to 2.4GHz but the Google Mesh is 5GHz.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jbuice01 wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 3 camera/motion light and Google Mesh Wifi. 

Can you confirm the camera model?

The pro 3 floodlight can connect to your home wifi (as can the Pro 4).  But the pro 3 camera can't - it requires a base station.

@jbuice01 wrote:
This particular Arlo camera has to be connected to 2.4GHz but the Google Mesh is 5GHz.

The google mesh should be dual-band (both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, with the same network name/password for both).

Have you tried on-boarding from a pc/mac (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

jbuice01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, it is the Pro 3 floodlight camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jbuice01 wrote:
Sorry, it is the Pro 3 floodlight camera.

Ok.  Have you tried onboarding from a PC/Mac (as suggested above)?

jbuice01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m online and it is saying to plug an Ethernet cable to the base station or smart hub. I confirmed the google mesh plugged into the router and plugged into an outlet. It tried to search and it says the base station could not be discovered. Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jbuice01 wrote:

I’m online and it is saying to plug an Ethernet cable to the base station or smart hub. I confirmed the google mesh plugged into the router and plugged into an outlet. It tried to search and it says the base station could not be discovered. Any suggestions?

Is the ethernet cable from the base/smarthub plugged into the router, or is it plugged into the mesh?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation