Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

When trying to watch recorded videos on desktop (Windows 10) using Edge or Chrome it indicates: 

This video is not able to play in your browser.  Please download to view.

After downloading (as an .mp4) it says it can not open - need to purchase HEVC extension - is this common? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have an older computer that sometimes I can play them without downloading and sometimes I cant. It seems that one update will fix it then the next it messes up again. I purchased the 4k hevc video extension from Microsoft for .99 cents I think. You can then download and play. Some say they can watch without downloading after the purchase but I cant. 

I have a newer laptop that plays them just fine without downloading.

Both of mine are windows 10 and edge. With the older browser everything worked just fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have an older computer that sometimes I can play them without downloading and sometimes I cant. It seems that one update will fix it then the next it messes up again. I purchased the 4k hevc video extension from Microsoft for .99 cents I think. You can then download and play. Some say they can watch without downloading after the purchase but I cant. 

I have a newer laptop that plays them just fine without downloading.

Both of mine are windows 10 and edge. With the older browser everything worked just fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Once downloaded, use the free VLC to view them. Browsers don't have the licenses for the 2/4k codecs needed to view them directly. The latest Edge with hardware support (as noted above, new hardware) can play them but that's about it.

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks you - this worked!

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation