Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't assign a plan to a new 4th location

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have three locations set up, each with a plan, and I just created a fourth location. After I assign a plan to it and click Agree and Confirm Payment the message "Same gateway is present at multiple location" is displayed at the top of the screen and won't save the plan for the fourth location. Anyone know how to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the locations truly separate, perhaps each using a different router? @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN may be able to help or use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose a camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer.

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they are different locations. They're all different buildings in two cities.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that there's a limit as to the number of locations but someone at Arlo will need to confirm that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Johnfj40 

Are you still experiencing this? Is it possible to provide a screenshot of the messaging that's displayed?

Thanks 

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, yes I'm still experiencing the problem. The first screenshot shows that I've chosen a plan for the MLK location. The ORO location already has a plan. When I click CONTINUE I receive the message in orange in the second screenshot.

MLK plan.gif

MLK gateway error.gif

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's hard to read but the message states "Same gateway is present at multiple location".
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Johnfj40 

Thank you for the detailed info. I have escalated this for you and someone from Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shane,

Could you please escalate this again? I didn't realize my old e-mail was associated with this account so by the time I saw it they had closed the case. Sorry and thanks, John

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Johnfj40 I notified the team. You should be contacted soon. 

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shane, I haven't been contacted yet. I have been checking that e-mail every day.

Thanks,

John

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation