Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide

I have an android, my wife has Apple
It has been about 1 week since we.lost capability to access local storage for our Pro 3 cameras. I was viewing them about a week ago, now there is nothing. I recall their being a drop down to select the cloud or storage device... that doesn't exist any more. I've restarted the base station, checked wifi settings, pulled the USB and reinstalled, toggled the settings, and verified all settings are set. The Pro 2 cameras work fine, along with the Arlo Baby. The Pro 3 cameras can be viewed love and also receive the proper notifications for audio and motion... just can't access the local storage device to see what was recorded

29 REPLIES 29
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phones and reinstalled the app?

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
Yep, no luck
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the router and hub, in that order. Have you tried a different drive which was formatted in the hub? After you safely eject the drive, do local recordings show when viewed on a computer?

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
I have done a reboot of both and I have done a drive format (with no luck). The videos are viewable on the computer when I move the drive. It is recording and sending notifications. I just can't access the storage from any device on the network
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
My iPad has version 3.6.4, and it has access to the storage. My phones are updated to 3.6.5 and they do not have access... obviously pointing to an app/update problem
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
I have version 3.6.4 on my iPad, and I still have access to local storage. 3.6.5 nor 3.6.6 do I have access to the local storage on 3 other separate devices (Samsung S20+, iPhone, and another iPad). I've done restarts, formatted the storage, restarted the modem/router and base station, rebooted them.
The drop down to choose base station or cloud storage has disappeared. The cameras still record and notify correctly. If I pull the storage and put in a computer, I can see the recordings.
Everything points to being an app version issue since updating past 3.6.4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wolfy13 wrote:
My iPad has version 3.6.4, and it has access to the storage. My phones are updated to 3.6.5 and they do not have access... obviously pointing to an app/update problem

I'm thinking it's more complicated than that.

I have 3.6.5.  My iPad and iPhone both can access local recordings on one of my VMB5000 bases, but not the other one.  Recordings are still being made, and both are set up to use direct access to local storage.

This is not a new issue for me, 3.6.4 behaved the same way.

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
Weird... I only have one base station and can only access it from my iPad and not my Samsung phone nor my wife's iPhone
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wolfy13 wrote:
Weird... 

I agree.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur with app v3.6.6 for iOS & 3.6.6/3.6.8 for Android? 

The 3.6.8 update for Android is in a phased release, so you may not have the update in the Google play store just yet. 

Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide

Yes it still happens on 3.6.6 on Android.. Arlo web devs, are the worst I have ever seen. This works perfectly with my Arlo Pro 2 base/cameras. I'm going to package up the Arlo 3 pro system and sell the whole thing. 

PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
The smart hub local recording was working before an update. After the update it is not working on my IOS. I am from Australia and dont know how many are having this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the hub as well as checked the setting for local storage in the hub's settings? If you remove the drive safely and view on a computer, are there appropriate videos? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jguerdat - yes have done all of the things you asked - rebooted, local recording are on on the app, checked the memory card;has videos and reinstalled the app on my Iphone. Nothings working.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jayfkuul

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
No, this was fixed a month or 2 ago with an update
Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide
Yes there's still a problem. Arlo pro 3 cameras local storage, cannot be viewed without a subscription. I'm using the arlo pro 3 cameras on my arlo 2 base, still the same issue.

The local storage isnt viewable in my Android, my wife's iPhone or from an android tablet.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jayfkuul

Were you able to provide these details to the L3 team? 

It looks like Jeff from the Support team has reached out regarding this issue. 

PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Wolfy13 - The only way I got it working was to reset the router and add the cameras and door bell again. On bonus I got two cameras three months trial version and can access cloud storage on those two 😀
PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Jayfkuul - The only way I got it working was to reset the router and add the cameras and door bell again. On bonus I got two cameras three months trial version and can access cloud storage on those two 😀
Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide
That is not an actual solution.
Jayfkuul
Guide
Guide
No one from L3 or a Jeff reached out to me... Why can't anyone just state that Arlo 3 pro cameras without a cloud subscription, have very limited features?

This run around trying to say otherwise, is a complete Netgear turn off.
PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
No other options mate. I being a customer no one help me out as well. So its better off figure it out by ourselves 😀
PraveenBulgann
Aspirant
Aspirant
You will be waiting for a while if thats the case.
Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation