Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t accept invitation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
redstar10
Follower
Follower

Why can my father send me a request for me to view the cameras at his house? We’ve tried over and over and over and the invitation is pure trash. We are soooo frustrated he are considering trashing these cameras and getting a different brand. We need access so we can check in on them, but these things are junk.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This has been a common complaint with friend sharing since Nov 2022 when arlo split the app user interface into two branches with no recourse for users to revert.

Friend request needs accepting from a pc using your email account that launches a browser to be able to access your account to activate the request.

Complicating it further is that you need to have the same UI experience loaded for owner and friends app. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@redstar10 wrote:

Why can my father send me a request for me to view the cameras at his house? We’ve tried over and over and over and the invitation is pure trash. 

There are a couple of steps needed - the first is to make sure the invite is accepted in your father's account.

Try clicking on "Create account" on a PC.  That will open a browser window to my.arlo.com.  If the account already exists, then just log into it.  Make sure you fully log in (completing the two-factor authentication step).

Once complete, check that the invitation status is accepted (not pending) in your father's account.

The second step (which is confusing) is to make sure that both of your accounts either show "Library" as a menu option, or alternatively show the newer "Feed" and "Dashboard" controls.  Likely your account is "Feed" and your father's is "Libary".  If that is the case, he will need to migrate to "Feed" before you can see recordings.  He does that by going into "add device", and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  That can't be completed (since he doesn't have that model).  But the process will migrate his account to "Feed".  You will then be able to see the recordings.   (Note, at that point you will have two "Home" locations - best if you rename the one that is empty).

A caveat - "Feed" is quite different from "Library", and it does still have some bugs.  If your father uses some advanced features (custom modes, scheduling, and geofencing), then it could be difficult (or even impossible) to get everything working exactly as it did before migrating.  And it is impossible to migrate from "Feed" back to "Library".

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation