Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won't sync with base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
swillfam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a new Pro 3 package that was installed on my manager's account.  After my manager left, I took the base and cameras, removed them from her account and attempted to add them to my account.  I have been able to install the base unit as a second hub, but none of the three Pro 3 cameras will sync to that hub. 

I've tried following the instructions (remove battery, replace battery, have camera within 3 feet of hub, etc.), but the camera is never discovered.  I've held down the "Sync" on the base for two seconds and the "Sync" button on the camera. Nothing.

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reset of both the hub and cameras. For the hub, remove it from your account and then hold the reset button for >15 seconds until the LED flashes amber and let it reboot to solid blue. For the cameras, hold the Sync button for >15 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. Claim the hub and then the cameras.

swillfam
Aspirant
Aspirant

No joy. I followed your instructions and reset the base for >15 seconds and then claimed it again.  Hit the sync button on the first camera for >15 seconds (although after that amount of time it went from flashing blue to flashing amber to flashing blue again). Unfortunately, the app was not able to discover the camera.  

There is also a "Sync" button on the hub. Does that need to be pushed at any point along the process?

Thanks,

Steve

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub sync button generally would be used when the app tells you to use it or when syncing older cameras.

WHen trying to sync the cameras, did you follow the app's directions explicitly? It kinda sounds like you may have missed a step.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation