Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won't record constant

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I currently had Arlo Pro legacy and now I had upgraded to Arlo Pro 3 with the new smart hub base. And I'm experiencing the same problem I did with the legacy and now with the pro 3.

My cameras won't stay constantly recording when they either hear a sound or see motion. I attached some photos below and they are just minimal to the amount of my recording. I would understand if the motion or the sound had stop and then restarts but thays not the case. Like in my daughters room,the noise is constant, but they don't ever recall pass 15 seconds. And on top, I would constantly get notifications every 30 seconds. It's annoying.

Is there a way to fix this?
Screenshot_20220429-071725_Arlo.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to post more photos but this website its only allowing me one at the time.
Screenshot_20220429-071653_Arlo.jpg
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
And another photo.
Screenshot_20220428-173620_Arlo.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toledori wrote:

My cameras won't stay constantly recording when they either hear a sound or see motion. I attached some photos below and they are just minimal to the amount of my recording. I would understand if the motion or the sound had stop and then restarts but thays not the case. Like in my daughters room,the noise is constant, but they don't ever recall pass 15 seconds. And on top, I would constantly get notifications every 30 seconds. It's annoying.

Is there a way to fix this?

How is the recording configured in the rules for the cameras?  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to change the mode recording time from a " record till motion stops " to a fixed time which better suits your needs

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here are my settings
Screenshot_20220428-173725_Arlo.jpg
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toledori wrote:
Here are my settings

You might try changing "recording until motion stops" to a fairly long fixed recording time, and see if that works better for you.

Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I changed it to "record to a fixed time". My only problem is that I don't get instant notifications of any motion or sound until the recording it's done.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like you're using email notifications which won't be sent until the recording is uploaded. Push notifications should be close to immediate although Smart notifications can be somewhat delayed due to the need for processing to determine the subject.

Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
No email notifications. I checked all my cameras. Just push.
Screenshot_20220501-191925_Arlo.jpg
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long is the delay? You can deactivate the camera(s) from Smart notifications to see if that speeds things up.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation