Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not recording events`

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StevR44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else having issues with cameras not recording events. I canceled the subsccrition and have had issues since. Seems like my cameras are only good for live viewing. The app shows no events yet you can see poeple in the live view. 

Also my battery died on one camera right after the 1 year mark. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StevR44 wrote:

Anyone else having issues with cameras not recording events. I canceled the subsccrition and have had issues since.

Do you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000)?  If you do, have you enabled direct access to local storage?

If not, then you need a subscription.  

StevR44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have the VMB5000 and it is set to direct access to local storgae. Lots of room on the drive. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StevR44 wrote:

Yes I have the VMB5000 and it is set to direct access to local storgae. Lots of room on the drive. 

FWIW, I have two of these bases, and both are configured for direct access.  One lets me see recordings in the app, the other doesn't.  I've poked Arlo on this, but so far haven't gotten a good explanation.  (It's not a priority for me, since I do have a subscription).

Are you getting a "videos not available" error message when you select the base station on the library page?  If not, what are you getting?

Have you confirmed that there are videos being stored?  You'd need to attach the microSD card to a PC in order to check that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation