Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera information

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zzaffar
Follower
Follower

Hi....I'm looking to upgrade my camera system but I need 8nformation.  I'm looking for a table/grid of all the Arlo cameras specs etc and they each do so I can see which one is right for me.  I don't what the differences are between spotlight camera or Arlo pro 3 and Arlo pro 4 etc  It's how I learn.  But I'm struggling to find one anywhere.   Help.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zzaffar wrote:

Hi....I'm looking to upgrade my camera system but I need 8nformation.  I'm looking for a table/grid of all the Arlo cameras specs etc and they each do so I can see which one is right for me.  I don't what the differences are between spotlight camera or Arlo pro 3 and Arlo pro 4 etc  It's how I learn.  But I'm struggling to find one anywhere.   Help.  Thanks.

Compare cameras is here:

Notable differences:

• Pro 4 - identical to your Pro 3, except it adds the ability to connect it to your home wifi directly (not using a base)
  • Pro 3 floodlight - different form factor (floodlight instead of spotlight).  Can connect directly to home wifi if you wish (not using the base).
  • Essential/Essential Spotlight - entry level cameras, 1080p.  No removable battery, and charged with microUSB (not the magnetic cables you use now).  One notable disadvantage is that you cannot restart them by removing/reinserting the battery. 
  • Ultra/Ultra 2 - similar to the Pro 3, but 4K (higher resolution).

XL models have a bigger battery.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zzaffar wrote:

Compare cameras is here:

Notable differences:

• Pro 4 - identical to your Pro 3, except it adds the ability to connect it to your home wifi directly (not using a base)
  • Pro 3 floodlight - different form factor (floodlight instead of spotlight).  Can connect directly to home wifi if you wish (not using the base).
  • Essential/Essential Spotlight - entry level cameras, 1080p.  No removable battery, and charged with microUSB (not the magnetic cables you use now).  One notable disadvantage is that you cannot restart them by removing/reinserting the battery. 
  • Ultra/Ultra 2 - similar to the Pro 3, but 4K (higher resolution).

XL models have a bigger battery.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation