Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Steel22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Would like to have the 24/7 CVR plan on my Front Door Camera .
But i still want notified if there is motion there.
So..will i still get notifications of motion on the ap from a CVR Camera?

And will it still save the motion events? Or will i only be able to view it on the timeline?

Thank you in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ok so i have this setup, firstly you need permanent power source for the camera.
You can just have cvr and yes you will be notified but with no description of event.
Also on timeline there will just be a green dot showing where the event happened so you can scroll along at watch it, but the green line wont show how long the event lasted.
Now like this all you have is the cvr which arlo dont allow you to remove recordings which is completely rubbish! The only way is to use a built in screen recorder from your pc or mobile.
I on the other hand use a usb dongle in my arlo base which still records individual events and allows the use of activity zones for free!
You can obviously still pay for cloud service aswell which will mean you get smart notifications and recordings on cloud, i personally find the cloud service so unreliable which is why i use the dongle route.
Steel22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah i got a 3 cam set up. And just want the front door to be cvr. Mainly cause my son plays basketball on the street (low traffic area) and ya never know what may happen on your street. But i still wanted alerted if someone came to my door.
And yeah, just gonna do the Screen Recording on my phone if i need to save a clip.

Other 2 was just gonna do the Smart plan with.
Thanks again!
dcfox1
Master
Master

When I had CVR for a little it did still give me a notification and recording of motion in library even with the timeline. I did also have smart on that cam since I had a 5 cam plan, not sure if that makes a difference. 

Steel22
Aspirant
Aspirant
So you can have CVR and Smart Plan on the same Cam?
So i can do smart plan and CVR on one cam?? Nice..Was wondering if id hafta do that to get notifications.

And yeah. Huge help. New to it and wanna take full advantage of the system.
Thank you
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Steel22 wrote:
So you can have CVR and Smart Plan on the same Cam?

You can have both on the same camera.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation