Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Staion Motion Detected notifications

Discussion stats
mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Not sure why but we keep getting notifications advising that motion was detected on our base station.

Unable to find anything about this in the manual, in the Community discussions nor via searches on the internet.

Have a USB drive attached and video recordings are saved to it.

Unable to find a reason for any sort of motion with the base station.

Anyone experienced this?

How can I stop it occurring?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix has been released that resolves this issue. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

Thanks,

JamesC

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not sure why but I just started getting this message today June 23. For the first three months I never got this.

I know this does not help you but I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one getting them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mharps, K80Shooter

Are you able to provide a screenshot of this notification?

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I cleared my notifications, when I turn it back on and if I receive another I will update this post, Thanks JamesC

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Attached is a screen capture of the notification received.

Cheers,

MikeHarper_Base_Station_issue.PNG

Augie64
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started getting the message "Motion detected on base station" along with the motion detected on the various cameras.  what does that mean.

dcfox1
Master
Master

May help a mod are you guys seeing this on Android or Iphone also. I have not seen it on my  Iphone yet. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Mine is on a android phone. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Same behaviour here with an older Samsung Android.

App version 2.17.1_28025

Hub VMB4540

Firmware 1.16.2.1_559

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the development team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

Thank you.

Smolnar212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has this been resolved yet. My base station is giving me tons of notification for the same thing.

Motion detected at base station for no reason.
Smolnar212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is a photo of the many notifications.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Smolnar212 wrote:
Has this been resolved yet.

See above.

Watch this space.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Smolnar212 

No not yet. It has been escalated and we are waiting to hear when there is a fix
murs01
Tutor
Tutor

I have a curious issue ...

I have SmartHub with 3 Ultra cameras, for simplicity I will designate them 1,2 and 3

when there is motion detected on camera 1 it is reported as SmartHub

when there is motion detected on camera 2 it is reported as 2

when there is motion detected on camera 3 it is reported as 3

why is camera 1 name being reported as SmartHub?

i have edited camera 1 name - no help

I have reordered the cameras - no help

just a curious issue.

thanks

dcfox1
Master
Master

There have been other threads on that recently. Its a bug. Not sure if it is just on Ultra cams only as my Pro3 's on the 4540 hub don't do that. 

murs01
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Arlo is on the case and promises to update the original discussion that started this saga.

Base Staion Motion Detected notifications - Arlo Community

Just another user
murs01
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the link

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Add me to the list.  I keep getting "Motion detected on Smarthub" and there are no corressponding recordings in the library to review.

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden, my “side yard” camera, when detects, sends notifications saying detection on “base” whic is my base’s name, instead of “side yard” as supposed to and had always been.  All other cameras behave normally.  Just updated to June 25th update and it’s still doing it.  Rename side yard camera to something else and it still says “base”.  If it makes any difference, the side yard camera is the closest to the base.

Any ideas, thx

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Amati5  As previously posted Arlo is aware of this bug and looking into it . It happens for some and not others so not sure what is going on. 

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, ok thx.  I search briefly but didn’t find any threads on it

Mottom
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last 5 days I've been getting the same notification ,motion detected on base station,happend after I updated arlo app,reset base ,re sync cams to base,still the same issue.

Discussion stats