Arlo pro 3 won't record to VMB4540r3 basestation, using all latest firmware

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mlanz
Initiate
Initiate

I own a VMB4540 hub running firmware 1.20.6.0_1323_24cf271, it's an VMB4540r3 serial number is A7210B7NA1CE7.

I've got it configured for local storage. I've got a few cameras, one is an arlo 2, the old one. It's running firmware 1.5.295, it's an H7 serial is 48B14C7004988.

The arlo 2 works great, records to local no problem. Everything is 100% awesome with the arlo 2.

I've also got an arlo pro 3. This detects motion and audio just fine, shows live preview just fine, has a very strong video signal. It's running firmware 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a, it's an H10 and serial isA6P20B7HA8999.

Whenever the pro 3 detects motion, it attempts to record. this attempt always fails with the same error payload:

{success: false, data {error: "2027", message: "The request for recordings is invalid.",…}}
data {error: "2027", message: "The request for recordings is invalid.",…}
details: "A6P20B7HA8999"
error: "2027"
reason: "Device[{}] is not allowed for recording as it requires paid subscription for cloud storage"
success: false

Why is this device saying it needs a subscription when I've configured things for local storage. It should be recording to local storage as expected, not trying to record to cloud storage.

I've restarted the basestation, reformated the usb stick, I pulled the battery out of the camera a few times to reset it. I've removed and re-paired both cameras a few times. I factory reset the basestation and re did it all. No luck, the pro 3 always wants to record to cloud.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mlanz,

To utilize local storage, be sure you're setting up using the instructions posted here: https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-on-a-USB-device-using-my-Arlo-base...

To set up direct access to local storage, for viewing remotely, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation