Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
NickJP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Plug camera in. Flashes blue light. Flashes blue again every minute or so. Will not charge .camera is 2 months old.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're experiencing an issue getting your cameras battery to charge, try following the steps in this article: My Arlo battery is dead; what do I do?

If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you totally deplete the battery so it's dead? If so, read the FAQ in the support area about reviving a dead battery. It's basically plug the camera in 6 times to get enough charge so it will then charge normally. If this is the solution, just charge your batteries more proactively.

NickJP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Usually charge around 25%. Battery is saying 8% on app. Been plugged in for over 12 hrs . No change in battery.

I tried resetting everything up. Base station is ok.( firmware updates fine and is set up) I Hit the (forget device) button for the 1 camera I have. It proceeded to search for camera.Tried to re-sync still can’t locate camera. It even flashes blue when sync in process on camera.
NickJP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need help
NickJP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did not work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a hardware problem. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Jsam123
Initiate
Initiate
Be sure to push the black part of the camera all the way in the casing so to contacts line up!!
PaulTu
Tutor
Tutor
I have had my cameras about 6 months now and this is always a problem.
It’s a major Arlo issue!!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You probably are put just to check you are only using the Arlo plug and lead that it came with, as I had a similar issue and I was using a after market lead which didn't supply enough volts
Bc1939
Aspirant
Aspirant
ARLO camera not charging
PaulTu
Tutor
Tutor
This is not the issue.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@PaulTu wrote:
This is not the issue.

What is your issue? You never gave any details. 

PaulTu
Tutor
Tutor
Took the cases off my cameras and attached the charger to the contact points with a rubber band. They now charge.
Ridiculous that I have to do this every charge but it is a solution.
Maybe a re-design by arlo next time, as it is a wide spread issue.
genxmatch
Initiate
Initiate
I agree its a design problem..this is how im charging my Arlo Pro 3 Camera now...never fail this way...Arlo, this is pretty depressing
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're experiencing an issue getting your cameras battery to charge, try following the steps in this article: My Arlo battery is dead; what do I do?

If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation