Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Honky_Yau
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased Arlo pro 3. When i streaming with the camera, I need to set my phone volume to maximum in order to hear the sound in the area.

How can i set a higher microphone's gain for the camera ?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Honky_Yau wrote:

How can i set a higher microphone's gain for the camera ?

You can't (and that is actually usual for microphones - you can't set the microphone gain on your phone either).

Are you using the speakerphone mode of the phone?

Honky_Yau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, i think the camera should act as a speaker phone mode as it will mounted in the top of door.
It should required a higher mic sensitivity.

I using either speaker / headset to hear the voice captured by the camera but i need to set my phone volume to maximum but still hardly hear the voice.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Honky_Yau wrote:
Hi, i think the camera should act as a speaker phone mode as it will mounted in the top of door.
It should required a higher mic sensitivity.

When I was talking about "speakerphone mode" above, I was talking about the mode where the phone boosts the received audio playback (so you can hear it w/o holding the phone next to your head).

Microphone gain generally can't be adjusted by the user - PCs are one of the few devices that give you control over that.

Another test you can try is listening to the audio over headphones connected to your phone.  If that level is ok, then the issue is with the phone playback - not the camera mic sensitivity. 

Honky_Yau
Aspirant
Aspirant
hi,
both voice output thr the speaker of phone or headset are low in volume.

Also with two cameras in similar condition.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Honky_Yau wrote:
both voice output thr the speaker of phone or headset are low in volume.

Also with two cameras in similar condition.

Ok. 

• Are there skins on the cameras?
  • How far away is the talker at the camera from the camera?
  • Are you also hearing this in recordings stored from the camera?
stargate125645
Guide
Guide

I've actually noticed this in a lot of reviews as well that allow you to listen to their captured audio.  I've seen this complaint elsewhere on these forums, but evidently it is not fixed.

UnicornDad
Initiate
Initiate
I have this same issue with both my AP3 and Ultra. Low volume sensitivity with both. However, I am running Arlo Pro’s and they have great volume. Actually, they have better sound quality and sensitivity in general. Can we get a fix for this please??
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation